Mission 2 – June 15-21
• Continue with Trauma-Relief Workshops initiated from previous mission
• Establish 3-day Workshops wherever possible
• Establish Part 1 Courses
• Identify Kindergartens for adoption
• Establish full-time operations centre in Chengdu (Provincial Capital)
Mission Interim Period (4 June) 4 workshops
Total: 122 people
Mission 2 (15-21 June)
Day 1: 1 workshop
Total 25 people
Day 2: –
Day 3: 1 workshop
Total 70 people
Day 4: 8 workshops
Total 635 people
Day 5: 8 workshops
Total 1,329 people
Day 6: 9 workshops
Total 370 people
Total: 27 workshops held in Sichuan
2439 people benefited from AOL Trauma Relief Workshops
• Move towards establishing 2-3 day courses with the same group
• Majority of classes focused on primary schools and relief volunteers
• School classes are separated into age groups for easier facilitation and attention
• Some workshops completed within 30-minutes due to only time period available. Experience equally strong and invited back for full 60-minute period for the following two days (Mian Zhu Primary School)
Part One Courses
• Two Part-1 Course were organized and completed
• 4-Day Program – 18 participants
• 6-Day Program – 20 participants
• Participants came from Sichuan
• Incredible experiences including very strong spiritual sharing after Sudarshan Kriya in an environment that has not encouraged spiritual expression
• No kindergartens were identified on this mission
• Complexity in system as well as identifying long-term beneficiaries that are government endorsed rather then relief schools (only operate for an interim period)
• Full-time operations centre established.
• 3-bedroom apartment, 2 bathrooms and common area that can efficiently accommodate 12-14 people doing morning sadhana at one time.
• Centre can accommodate 7-8 beds.
• Nearby budget hotel (Ibis) within 10 minute walking distance to accommodate any overflow.
• 30 minute drive from Chengdu Airport.
• Rudra & Guru Puja performed on Monday, 16 June to formally establish the centre.