Bangalore, Nov 28 (IANS) Indian spiritual guru His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankar Friday condemned the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, saying India “is going through a terrible time”.”This terrorist attack has left Indians in the grip of fear and anxiety. In this situation, religious and political leaders need to show the country that we stand together against terrorism,”
In a Knowledge sheet on Terrorism Guruji says this
The act which is only destructive and inflicts suffering both on oneself and others is terrorism. In such an act, human values are lost in the process of achieving a goal.
Some of the factors that lead to terrorism are:
- Frustration and desperation to achieve a goal
- Confused emotion
- Shortsightedness and Impulsive action
- Belief in a non-verifiable concept of heaven and merit; a childish concept of God favoring some and angry at others, thereby undermining the omniscience and omnipotence of the Divine.
Terrorism induces fear psychosis in all, increases poverty, suffering and loss of life with no apparent gains. Instead of solutions the terrorist looks for destruction as an answer. If you simply criticize without giving a solution, know that this criticism comes from the same seed as terrorism!
Although there are certain qualities you can appreciate in a terrorist such as:
Commitment to a goal
You will have to learn from them things that you should never do:
Valuing some ideas and concepts more than life.
Having a narrow perspective of life and dishonoring its diversity.
The Remedy for terrorism is:
- Inculcate a broader perspective of life — value life more than race, religion and nationality.
- Educate people in human values – friendliness, compassion, cooperation and upliftment.
- Teach methods to release stress and tension.
- Cultivate confidence in achieving noble aims by peaceful and nonviolent means.
- Create spiritual upliftment which can weed out destructive tendencies.