“Right education is that which creates in each person a sense of belonging with the whole world.” Sri Sri
To truly excel in life is an art.
ART Excel and the Young Adults’ Course are Art of Living programs for children and young people which enable them to handle negative emotions such as fear, anger and frustration in positive ways. These courses also teach vital non-academic skills such as the art of making friends, the secret to popularity, and the value of service to others-all in a supportive, yet challenging and fun atmosphere.
Our toughest critics – the kids themselves – give this program rave reviews.
One of the motivating factors in developing the ART Excel and the Young Adults’ courses is that the formal education of young minds has become a fiercely competitive, almost destructive process. In this context of tension evoked by highly competitive exams, and the pressures of making good grades, the creativity and originality of the youth tend to get destroyed. Yet these qualities are critical to nurturing the problem solving skills needed in today’s globally linked workplace.
At Art of Living, we believe that education should be an enjoyable experience, not a stressful one.
The ART Excel and Young Adults’ programs developed by Sri Sri, aim to counteract the negative tendencies and introduce a balancing effect on children’s and teenagers’ lives. The training camps usually run over a span of 4 -5 days. They provide all round training at the physical, mental, emotional and personal levels, intended to enhance and facilitate the young mind’s education. Using special breathing techniques and tools, students learn to attain calmness of mind, discharge stress and negative emotions, handle difficulties and challenging situations, and improve their self esteem.
Past participants have reported improved memory and concentration at schoolwork, an increased sense of connection to their families, their peers, and the world around them, and even improved sleep, among other benefits. The curricula are designed to encourage human values such as cooperation, sharing, compassion, service to others, and respect for self and others to naturally arise from within.
Just information is not education. It is culturing our behavior, culturing our attitude and the ability to perceive things better.
“Perception, Observation and Expression – the three aspects of education have to be improved.” -Sri Sri
The ART Excel and Young Adults’ programs aim to:
- Develop in our youth a vision that embraces all cultures, religions, ethnic and racial backgrounds;
- Encompass all beliefs and acknowledge a common objective that helps us go beyond perceived limitations;
- Establish a powerful and meaningful connection between one’s self and the world;
- Increase mental focus and facilitate the learning process;
- Provide the leadership training and skills which enable youth to become positive role models for their peers;
- Create an awareness of the human values in our youth and provide opportunities for community service;
- Provide powerful techniques that alleviate stress and manage emotions.